Tuesday, December 30, 2014

SIRAGUKAL - An Educational Trust


As all of you know, I have published my first book titled as "En Jannal Vazhi Paarvaiyil" few months back.


During that process I also committed myself to an initiative, which is to start an educational trust. 

Today, I am happy to announce that a trust named as "SIRAGUKAL EDUCATIONAL AND CHARITABLE TRUST" has been registered in Tamil Nadu, India.


What is the goal ?

The primary goal is to support initiatives in education for the poor kids in rural areas of Tamil Nadu.

When I briefed my Idea for a trust, my family and close relatives welcomed it.

But, I know from my bottom of my heart that this requires lot of commitment and time. After lot of thoughtful consideration, I decided to go forward to help the needy and start this trust.

Execution plan:

Other than me there are four more trustees in India. One of them is a school teacher and another is a HR executive. All of them have the tendency to help others.

Thinking of completing at least one project for every quarter, which depends on the size of the project as well.

Even I have strategy to raise the fund from volunteers interested to contribute.

What are the next steps?

As first step, I will be donating ALL book sales proceeds to Siragukal.

We are working with a teacher friend to donate books and other library items for a government school near Thiruvarur, Tamil Nadu. Will keep you posted.

This is a small first step towards the beginning a long journey. please reach out me if you have any suggestions and wish me all the best!.


No comments:

Post a Comment